2021 Convener - Gabi Lambie (Laguna St)
Assistant Convener - Rebecca Kelly (Laguna St)
Tuesday 2nd March 2020
Caringbah Leisure Centre
Lanes 1- 6 ONLY.
NO DIVING will be permitted in the competition pool during warm up with the exception of Lanes 1 and 2 northern end/starting block end Depth 1.8m. Lanes 1 and 2 : 15m Dive sprint only.
Lanes 7, 8, 9 are unavailable for Warm Up.
Shallow end NO DIVING is permitted in WARM UP.
Warm Up commences 8:30 finishes 9:00am sharp.
Teacher supervision or parent no student is to be unsupervised during this time.
Order of Events: ***ALL EVENTS TIMED FINALS***
*Start Times noted approximate only:
1 2 Jnr (8, 9, 10 Yrs) 200 m Individual Medley Timed Finals – 9:05 am 1 START RULE 2021
3 4 Snr (11, 12, 13 Yrs) 200 m Individual Medley Timed Finals 1 START RULE 2021
5 6 8 Yrs (2012) 50 m Freestyle Timed Finals – 9:30 am
7 8 9 Yrs (2011) 50 m Freestyle Timed Finals
9 10 10 Yrs (2010) 50 m Freestyle Timed Finals
11 12 11 Yrs (2009) 50 m Freestyle Timed Finals
13 14 12 Yrs (2008) 50 m Freestyle Timed Finals
15 16 13 Yrs (2007) 50 m Freestyle Timed Finals
10:50 am Morning Break (TBC on the day)
17 18 Jnr (8, 9,10 Yrs) 50 m Breaststroke Timed Finals – 10:50 am
19 20 11 Yrs 50 m Breaststroke Timed Finals
21 22 12/13 Yrs 50 m Breaststroke Timed Finals
23 24 Jnr (8, 9, 10 Yrs) 50 m Butterfly Timed Finals – 11:30 am
25 26 11 Yrs 50 m Butterfly Timed Finals
27 28 12/ 13 Yrs 50 m Butterfly Timed Finals
29 30 Jnr (8, 9, 10 Yrs) 50 m Backstroke Timed Finals – 12:00 noon
31 32 11 Yrs 50 m Backstroke Timed Finals
33 34 12/13 Yrs 50 m Backstroke Timed Finals
12:40 pm Lunch Break (Approximately 35 mins) – TBC on the day
35 36 All Age 100 m Freestyle Timed Finals – 1:15 pm
37 38 Jnr (8, 9, 10 Yrs) 4 x 50 m Freestyle Relay Timed Finals – 1:30 -2 pm
39 40 Snr (11, 12, 13 Yrs) 4 x 50 m Freestyle Relay Timed Finals
FINA rules are followed but Cronulla Zone Carnival has a 2 Start rule in operation.
NOTE: 2021 200 IM events in Jnr and Snr Events 1-4 will be conducted as 1 Start Rule
Referee is to see regulations and rules are observed, shall adjudicate all protests related to the competition in progress.
Zone selection policy applies.
* TIMED FINALS – these events are seeded heats where final placings are determined by fastest times.
* NEW PROGRAM FORMAT as from 2020: 8yrs -13 yrs 50 m FREESTYLE events are seeded heats based on entry times submitted by individual schools.( If prevailing weather conditions preclude competition on the day schools will be advised by Convener and the Executive)
* Results are posted as soon as ratified and are available through school team Manager
* The Two Start rule applies for all events ***at the Cronulla Zone Swimming Carnival.***200 IM Jnr and Snr Events
in 2021 are 1 start RULE ***
* Protests are to be lodged by the teacher in charge of the school (Team Manager) to the Protest Committee within fifteen minutes of the completion of the event. The Protest Committee shall consist of- Carnival Referee, Carnival Convener, Assistant Convener and at least one member of the Cronulla Zone Executive.
* Photographic and/or video evidence taken from outside the official pool deck will never be used by a Referee or the Protest Committee to make a decision on a protest
* ONLY SCHOOL SWIMMING CAPS ARE PERMITTED or NO hat may be elected by swimmers.
The following FINA rules regarding swimsuit regulations should be noted:
Swimsuits worn by competitors shall be non-transparent and conform to the following design:
(i) Men’s swimsuits are limited to one (1) suit that covers at most the body surface from hips to knee. Swimsuits may not extend above the waist or below the knees;
(ii) Women’s swimsuits are limited to one (1) suit that is of “open back” and “open shoulder” designs that may extend down to the knee. Swimsuits must not extend below the knees.
(iii) No zippers or other fastening devices are allowed except for a waist tie.
(iv) Swimsuits must be of textile material and must not contain any non-textile material such as polyurethane or neoprene.
Safe Diving :
Re safe and shallow diving at Caringbah Pool , schools must certify all members of the school’s swimming team both individual competitors and relay competitors in year of competition have undertaken the Royal Life Saving PowerPoint Competitive Dive Starts Safe Water Entry for School Swimming Carnivals for Primary Students. School certification forms Signed by the school Principal are to be returned to Zone Convener prior to competition or students from that school will be required to do a push off start and will not be permitted to dive. Student confidence is very important in 2021 and a student may start on pool deck or in water regardless of competence.
NO SMOKING in front of students at this school event. Thank you for your co-operation.
Swimming Classification for Primary Students Multi Class
For primary and secondary students requiring classification. Please ring Margaret Gregson, Classification Coordinator on M: 0417 960 202 for further details.
NOTE: Multi-Class Swimmer Eligibility (NSWPSSA)
All MC Swimmers with a physical disability require NR (National Review) classification status in order to be eligible to compete at our NSWPSSA event.
A Provisional Classification (for Functional Disability Classes 1-10) is not eligible for state or national level competition. All other disability classes require the athlete’s name to appear on the relevant organisation Master List prior to competition.
Sydney East Carnival
Tuesday 16th March 2021